Date:      Sun, 21 May 2000 00:03:37 +0200
From:      Olaf Hoyer <ohoyer@fbwi.fh-wilhelmshaven.de>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPPoE standard?

Hi!

As I'm going deeper into things as cable modems and that stuff, and have to
deal with the phenomenom PPPoE, could anyone point me to some resources
soing some detailed insight in this and practical appliances?

Is this standardized already in a RFC?
Heard some opinions from some guys that this is not standardized yet...

Anyone knows what OS is used in those "routers" for cable modems/DSL lines
manufactured by DLink, Linksys etc.?

Regards
Olaf Hoyer
--------
Olaf Hoyer	 www.nightfire.de                mailto:Olaf.Hoyer@nightfire.de
FreeBSD- Turning PC's into workstations   ICQ:22838075

Liebe und Hass sind nicht blind, aber geblendet vom Feuer,
dass sie selber mit sich tragen. (Nietzsche)