Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 1998 08:18:58 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Bruce Albrecht <bruce@zuhause.mn.org>
To:        Darin Slovitt <darin@slovitt.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Limits Problems ...

Darin Slovitt writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I have attached to this message two kernel config files. The GENERIC one
 > which I am running now (which appears to function properly), and the
 > kernel config that I was using which caused "cputime exceeded" messages
 > randomly (I noticed them when running 'tar -xvf' and when attemping to
 > compile perl). If it makes any difference, the tar file was close to
 > 1.0GB.

I hate to bring up the MIME complaint again, because I don't really
care if I get MIME messages, but I wish people would use common sense
when attaching files.  The two attached files were encoded using
base64 when they were just text files.  Text files should use 7bit,
8bit or quoted-printable encoding, as they are readable (more or less)
on non-MIME readers, and the message is shorter because it doesn't
need to encode 3 characters into 4.