Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2001 09:41:16 +0100
From:      Jon Molin <Jon.Molin@resfeber.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Firewall question

Hello list,

I recently got broadband to my home and I therefor needs a firewall.
Unfortenately my ISP only provide dynamic ip's and that gives me som
headache. Here's what I think I want my lan to look like:

2 workstations, 1 fileserver and 1 gw/fw.

ws - hub \
ws - hub - gw/fw - ISP DHCP
fs - hub /

So what i need is my fw to get 3 ip's (i'd prefer to use these 'real' so
i can access my workstations directly via ssh if needed) It put's them
in the dhcpd.conf file and restarts it, changes the ipchains table
flushes and rereads.

Now how to accomplish this? I suppose I'm not the first to stumble upon
a naught cheap ISP. Or is this a really bad idea? Is there a better
aproach?

My main problem is that I only have about 1 hour a day of 'free' time in
my home right now so if there's a nice "I'll hold your hand through all
this" guide to point me to I'd be very. I'm pretty much a newbie when it
comes to ipchains and dhcp clients...

/Jon