Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:42:21 +0200
From:      Jorge Bianquetti de las Heras <jbianquetti@sadiel.es>
To:        "Lewis Watson" <lists@visionsix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Amanda-Client Port Configuration

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 15:57:21 -0500
"Lewis Watson" <lists@visionsix.com> wrote:

Are you modificated /etc/services adn /etc/inetd.conf?

amanda  dgram   udp     wait            operator /usr/local/libexec/amanda/amandad amandad
amandaidx stream        tcp     nowait          operator /usr/local/libexec/amanda/amindexd  amindexd
amidxtape stream        tcp     nowait          operator /usr/local/libexec/amanda/amidxtaped  amidxtaped

> When I try do run an amcheck from the server the bsd machine running amanda
> client errors out with 'file descriptor service amanda has been closed'. The
> port no longer shows as being open either after this happens.... Of course
> the error on the server is Host Down? Why is the port closing with the above
> error?
> Thanks.
> Lewis

Saludos, Jorge.