Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 2003 22:40:45 -0600
From:      "Douglas G. Allen" <doug@allensystemconsultants.com>
To:        Rob <nospam@users.sourceforge.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LG CD-ROM drives; also problem for FreeBSD?

Rob,

>Would FreeBSD encounter similar problems?

I can't speak to whether FreeBSD would have a similar problem.  I know that
I have two LG CD-RW and one LG CD-RW/DVD drive in machines here.  They all
were able to install 4.8 and 5.1 without giving me any problem.  Of the
stuff I have here, I don't remember the model number on the CD-RW's, but
the CD-RW/DVD is model number GCC-4480B.  They've been good solid drives,
as good as anything else I've had on my machines, which include, Toshiba,
Plextor, Sony, and Panasonic.

                                                 Doug Allen