Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 1997 20:24:12 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: the sound/ directory

On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> > 1) the sound/ directory in teh kernel sources looks like a mess with
> > *several* files for different chipsets, many readme's, and other things
> > all pushed into one subdirectory.
>
> this I don't know. In the same way one would argue that we should have,
> under /sys/i386/isa
>
> 	scsi/
> 	net/
> 	sio/
> 	misc/

It wouldn't perhaps be too bad. And I also did propose audio/ (just like
there is scsi for the hardware device independent things like midi, audio,
etc. There could also be generic soundfont (when we support downloadable
soundfonts) driver. These all are not related to the isa bus and not even
i386.

Sander