Date:      Sun, 23 Nov 2003 11:49:21 -0800
From:      "Craig Caughlin" <craigcaughlin@comcast.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Boot manager clarification

Hi folks,
I have 2 hard disks, each on their own channel. I have XOSL installed as =
my
boot manager, in Drive 1, Partition 1. I have Windows 2000-Pro on Drive =
1,
Partition 2. I want to install FreeBSD 5.0 on Drive 2, but use XOSL to =
load
it.=20

Should I install FreeBSD using the "Standard" MBR option, or should I =
use
the "BootMgr" option? I *think* I would want to use the standard, =
because it
seems like the BootMgr option would install in the MBR of Disk 1 and NOT
Disk 2, thereby goofing up XOSL (which is what I'm trying to avoid!).

Thank you,
Craig