Date:      Fri, 04 Apr 2008 15:25:50 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Frank_Wi=DFmann?= <frank.wissmann41@web.de>
To:        herbert langhans <herbert.raimund@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [unsure] Re: Problem starting X as user

herbert langhans wrote:
> Also check if you have the /etc/x11/xorg.conf -- root 644. Dont keep another xorg.conf in the /home/user directory so its using the one from /etc/x11 for sure.
>
> Dont have
> ~/.Xresources and
> ~/.Xmodmap
> in the home directory.

I must admit I have some xmodmap-commands in my .xinitrc. They worked
fine in my 7.0-Beta1 installation. I now have upgraded to 7.0. X.org is
7.3_1. I copied my ~/frank from one computer to another via NFS. May it
be there went something wrong? (See below)

> Check .xinitrc if it is in /root. If it is there and it works copy it over to the /home/user, care for permissions or make it 777.

I have only one in ~/frank.

> Watch for /usr/local/lib/X11/xinit -- it will use this when you have no .xinitrc in the /home/user or permission is set wrong!

The file /usr/local/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc is set to r--r--r--. It seems
to me this is somehow wrong. Should I change it, and to which value?