Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 22:14:39 +0100
From:      "Alberto De Giorgi" <albertodegiorgi@iol.it>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Installing freebsd from a msdos partition

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BE59F9.BEA70C20

Dear Sir or Madame ,
I had some problems trying to install FREEBSD from a MS-DOS partition . =
The bin and manpages dists seem to be correctly installed but I can't =
say the same thing for  XFREE86 3.3.3.1 . I downloaded the dists from =
the web and they are in the /BIN , /MANPAGES , /XFREE86  subdirectories =
of the c:/FREEBSD directory . I've the doubt this is not the right tree =
structure the FREEBSD directory should have ( it should be a copy of the =
tree structure of the CDROM , which I'm missing ). So , my questions are =
:
what is the tree structure of the CDROM that I've to replicate in the =
FREEBSD directory ? Is this the reason why the XFREE86 installation =
process fails ? How can I be sure the XFREE86 installation process has =
been completed , if I don't know in what directory XFREE86 has been =
installed ( I didn't find this information anywhere) ? Maybe you =
consider these questions a little silly , and probably they are . But =
this is the first time I use a unix-like system so I hope you will be =
very patient with me .=20
My e-mail address is albertodegiorgi@iol.it=20
Hoping to receive your reply very soon I send you my best regards
Massimo De Giorgi

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BE59F9.BEA70C20

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Book Antiqua">Dear Sir or Madame ,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Book Antiqua">I had some problems trying to install =
FREEBSD=20
from a MS-DOS partition . The bin and manpages dists seem to be =
correctly=20
installed but I can't say the same thing for&nbsp; XFREE86 3.3.3.1 . I=20
downloaded the dists from the web and they are in the /BIN , /MANPAGES , =

/XFREE86&nbsp; subdirectories of the c:/FREEBSD directory . I've the =
doubt this=20
is not the right tree structure the FREEBSD directory should have ( it =
should be=20
a copy of the tree structure of the CDROM , which I'm missing ). So , my =

questions are :</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Book Antiqua">what is the tree structure of the CDROM =
that I've=20
to replicate in the FREEBSD directory ? Is this the reason why the =
XFREE86=20
installation process fails ? How can I be sure the XFREE86 installation =
process=20
has been completed , if I don't know in what directory XFREE86 has been=20
installed ( I didn't find this information anywhere) ? Maybe you =
consider these=20
questions a little silly , and probably they are . But this is the first =
time I=20
use a unix-like system so I hope you will be very patient with me .=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Book Antiqua">My e-mail address is <A=20
href=3D"mailto:albertodegiorgi@iol.it">albertodegiorgi<FONT =
face=3DArial>@<FONT=20
face=3D"Book Antiqua">iol.it</A> </FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Book Antiqua"><FONT face=3DArial><FONT face=3D"Book =
Antiqua">Hoping=20
to receive your reply very soon I send you my best=20
regards</FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Book Antiqua"><FONT face=3DArial><FONT=20
face=3D"Book Antiqua">Massimo De =
Giorgi</FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BE59F9.BEA70C20--