Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2000 15:24:33 +0000
From:      mirko.viviani@rccr.cremona.it
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   dlopen() & objc initializer...

Ciao!

I have an ObjC shared object compiled in this way:

gcc -shared -rdynamic -o Bundle BreakTest.o SetTestCase.o -lSenFoundation -lSenTestingKit

When I load this object with dlopen() the __objc_exec_class() initializer
of the libraries's classes are called first than the objc initializers of the
bundle shared objects (BreakTest.o and SetTestCase.o).
Why ?

Is it possible to tell the dynamic loader to call the BreakTest/SetTestCase
objc initializer before the libs initializers ?

When I open an handle with dlopen() is possible to get the executable
names/paths of the libs linked to it ?

Is there in elf something like the __CTOR_LIST__ ?

With this example is possible to know in which libs a particular symbol
resides ?

Thanks in advance.

---
Bye,