Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 2002 16:11:54 -0400
From:      Dylan Carlson <absinthe@pobox.com>
To:        <jps@funeralexchange.com>, <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: /lib/libpthread.so.0: No such file or directory. Errors with Linux Jdk1.4.0.1 & Resin or Tomcat

On Friday 23 August 2002 01:32pm, Jeremy Suo-Anttila wrote:
> I have been experiencing allot of java crashes (2-3 some days) with the
> following error code every time it happens. If any one could tell me what I
> can do to prevent future crashes from happening or how I can get more info
> from the crash and find a way to patch my system to make them work that
> would be great. The errors are listed below along with other info. Also if
> anyone else has had the same problems please let me know and I will submit
> a pr for this.
>
> I have already upgraded to the latest linux_base last night from
> linux_base6 and reinstalled the linux-sun-jdk.1.4.0.1 from the ports.
>
> Thanks

Hi Jeremy,

The 1.4 JDK port is not considered "stable" at this time.  It is known to
crash often.   I'm not personally qualified to tell you why, however,  unless
you need the 1.4.0 API for something specific, I would suggest building and
running ports/java/jdk13  or /ports/java/linux-jdk13 if you want as close to
a production quality VM for Tomcat and Resiin.

I have personally run the native JDK (java/jdk13) under both of those products
without problem since patchset 5.  That is what I would recommend that you
use for the time being.

Regards,
--
Dylan Carlson [absinthe@pobox.com]