Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 2002 19:36:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        rover@gruntle.org
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fxp problems with latest stable Re: panics after upgrading to -STABLE Aug 9, 2002 (still something up)

>Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 18:42:25 -0700
>From: cj_ <rover@gruntle.org>

>Can someone confirm when the -STABLE kernel is usable?  I lack a
>throwaway  machine to test this out on.

I was able to get a dead-on reproducible panic, even with sources
CVSupped as of 0347 hrs. PST (GMT-7) today.  After hand-applying the
patch in
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=2013026+0+current/cvs-all
(which refers to PR kern/41492), I no longer get that (or any other, so
far) panic.

Cheers,
david       (links to my resume at http://www.catwhisker.org/~david)
To paraphrase David Hilbert, there can be no conflicts between Microsoft
and the discipline of systems administration, since they have nothing in
common.