Date:      Thu, 3 Sep 1998 15:56:51 -0400
From:      Brian Cully <shmit@kublai.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems with pthread-y errno

I tried recompiling Kerberos V and utilities to-day and ran into something
that's rather strange:

Inside of some of the structures that KerbV uses, there are fields called
`errno'. This wouldn't be a problem, except that as part of the thread
implementation in -current, we have:

#define errno		(* __error())

in <errno.h>. This means that we cannot use the symbol `errno' for our
own purposes, since this is resolved in CPP. This seems to me plenty
broken, and destroys all kinds of uses of scope in this instance.

What's really strange, though, is that I didn't have this problem until
I converted to ELF, when I would have expected this to happen as soon
as John changed the errno definition (which was what, three or four
months ago?).

--
Brian Cully						<shmit@rcn.com>
``And when one of our comrades was taken prisoner, blindfolded, hung