Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2001 18:04:17 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Sean Chittenden <sean-freebsd-stable@chittenden.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Perl 5.6 merged soon?

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Sean Chittenden wrote:

> > Once someone has demonstrated how to build perl5.6 in the context of the world,
> > I'm sure that things will proceed much more quickly.
>
> 	I think that 5.6 is in the -current branch.  Thoughts?  If it
> really is that radically different, let me go and risk a few dozen
> flames and ask the guys on p5p how to reconcile the differences.  -sc

> perl -v

This is perl, v5.6.0 built for i386-freebsd-thread

Copyright 1987-2000, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or
the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5.0 source kit.

this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'.  If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home Page.

FreeBSD thelab.hub.org 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #2: Mon Mar 12 20:57:30 AST 2001 root@thelab.hub.org:/usr/base/src/sys/compile/kernel i386