Date:      Wed, 1 Apr 1998 14:43:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   Last Chance: BootEasy

	This  problem has been bothering me for some weeks; it's
	fairly involved, but I'll give it a shot here and see if
	anybody has ideas.

	On my new 6x86 box I have Debian on my first SCSI drivve;
	FreeBSD is rooted on my second SCSI. For unknown reasons
	the BIOS on my IWILL motherboard only sees LUN #1, my FBSD
	drive.  So FBSD boots by default.  In order to boot the
	Debian installation, I've got to use the Debian boot floppy.

	I've  installed LILO; but no-joy.  Nothing that I do to the
	BIOS setup or the (builtin) Adaptec setup causes the board
	to default to see drive 0.

	Since FreeBSD boots by default it occured to me that maybe
	the BSD loader will work.  I did not install it with my
	2.2.5 installation.

	Right now when I boot, after much miscellany, FreeBSD
	prompts me with:

	F1   BSD
	F2   BSD
	F3   BSD
	F4   BSD

	and FreeBSD boots regardless of what I select.

	My questions:  Is there a way of using Booteasy to select
	my Debian OS on my first drive?  Is it smart enough to
	detect a non-BSD systemm?  Are there any config files to
	plug in?  And, lastly, if Booteasy screws things up, how
	do I remove it!?

	thanks, people,

	gary

--