Date:      Wed, 9 Oct 2013 10:51:25 +0800
From:      Christopher Hall <christopherhall.hsw@gmail.com>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PostgreSQL server bus error with uuid-ossp extension

Hello Bill,

On Mon, 7 Oct 2013 14:34:28 -0400
Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Oct 2013 11:20:23 +0800 Christopher Hall
> <christopherhall.hsw@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello Bill,
> >
> > On Fri, 4 Oct 2013 08:34:35 -0400
> > Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com> wrote:

> > > http://pgfoundry.org/projects/uuid-freebsd/
> >
> > Thanks for the information.  I would sooner stay with the existing
> > module so as to be compatible with Linux.  Currently I am trying
> > out a patch to misc/uuid-ossp so I can just compile the
> > postgres-contrib unmodified.
>
> uuid-freebsd is intended to be compatable.  What are you finding
> incompatable?  Although I would be appreciative if you could get
> that patch working.

Sorry for delay, I wanted to try my patch on another machine.  I does
appear to work on that machine.  To preserve the patch I filed
it as a PR:   http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=182846

Rather than attach it to an old PR which was mainly talking about
changing libc, but nothing seems to have happen with that one.
(It was: PR-121745 from 2008)

The reason I did not use the other uuid module was that it simply
was not in the postgresql-contrib and would require a new port, and
it seemed simpler to fix an existing port rather than introduce
new code.

> --
> Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>

--