Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 2001 17:49:20 -0800
From:      "Ben Pfountz" <netprince@vt.edu>
To:        "Alexander Derevyanko" <der@pc759.cs.msu.su>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Can I having ppp run a program before disconnecting?

Actually, I am part of www.dhs.org.  When I sign on, I set my IP address
with them so people can go to http://netprince.2y.net and not have to know
my IP address.  DHS supports an offline state, so that when I am not dialed
up to the internet, netprince.2y.net is redirected to an offline
notification page.

What I would like to do is inform DHS that I am going offline just before I
go offline.  This would require me to run a small program just before ppp
drops the link.  Is this possible with ppp?  I know its possible with diald
under linux.

Sorry for the unprecise message before.

Thanks

--