Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:40:15 +0700
From:      Alain Fauconnet <alain@cscoms.net>
To:        Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
Cc:        David Schultz <dschultz@uclink.Berkeley.EDU>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Numerous hard hangs on TWO different ASUS P4T-E w/P4 1.6G

Thanks to all who replied.

I will consider doing a CVS upgrade (first I need to learn  how
to  do it). I dislike the idea of a downgrade to 4.4 or whatever older
than 4.5.

For what it's worth, the  box  has  *not*  hung  again  since  I  have
switched off DMA (forced PIO using sysctl). It's clearly not an option
for long-term production mode though, and it has already happened that
it had been stable for weeks, so that doesn't really tell much.

Since the box freezes up solid and I can't enter DDB, I really  wonder
what  I  could  do  to help tracking down the problem. Suggestions are
welcome.

Greets,
_Alain_

--