Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 1996 23:42:33 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        Stefan Esser <se@ZPR.Uni-Koeln.DE>
Cc:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>, "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>, jas@flyingfox.com (Jim Shankland), freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI again: Asus SC200 vs. Adaptec 2940

> > I don't know if the NCR has tagged-command-queuing support or not.  If
> > it did, I don't think I would trust it (the NCR driver is OK for
> > workstation type stuff, as Justin pointed out, but it is known to be
> > buggier than either the BusLogic or Adaptec drivers).

That wasn't me who said that.  I know there have been bugs in the past with
the NCR driver, but there have also been bugs in the aic7xxx driver too.  I
have no idea of the current stability of the ncr driver since I don't own
one of those cards.

My only problem with the ncr driver right now is that I don't have all
the necessary changes from Stefan yet to make it work with my changes to
the SCSI system. Prod. Prod. 8-)

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations