Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:16:42 -0500
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Maple troubles with SMP -- solved.  How to contribute this to the FBSD documentation now?

Geert Hendrickx wrote:

>I have hacked and patched some Maple shell scripts, so that Maple uses
>the native FreeBSD JDK which I have compiled from the Ports, and now it
>seems to work right.
>
>When I have fully tested this, I would like to update the FreeBSD
>documentation (the part about Linux emulation), which describes how to
>get Maple running on FreeBSD, and include the patches I've written.  How
>should I do this?
>
>GH

You should probably submit appropriate problem reports.   Create
patches with dif(1), and quote them inline in the pr.  For documentation,
the procedure is the same, you just patch the document SGML source.
The FDP primer would have more info on this.

If you have patches for the Maple port itself, it should probably be
discussed on the ports@ list, or perhaps even with the maintainer
him/herself.

I certainly don't speak for the Project itself, but this would seem
to be the canonical way of contributing back to FreeBSD ...

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey