Date:      Fri, 4 May 2001 17:31:35 -0400
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        hubs@freebsd.org, dgilbert@velocet.ca
Subject:   Re: cvsupd error?

John> In article <15090.65306.189764.474196@trooper.velocet.net>,
John> David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca> wrote:
>> Server warning: RCS file error in
>> "/usr/local/etc/cvsup/prefixes/FreeBSD.cvs/src/lib/libc/rpc/DISCLAIMER,v":
>> 1: "head" expected
>>
>> I get a slew of these from my cvsupd server when I cvsup against
>> it.  What should a do to correct it?  maybe remove the files and
>> run an update?

John> Nope, the bad file is on the server, not on your machine.  I can
John> tell because it says "Server warning" at the beginning of the
John> message.  Please inform the maintainer of your master site about
John> this ASAP.

Right ... but I'm running the server and the client in this instance.
I'm also running a client to update the server, but the server is
still missing these files.

Dave.