Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 17:50:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@ambrisko.com>
To:        Jim Binkley <jrb@cs.pdx.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cisco aironet 350

Jim Binkley writes:

| Anyone used the an driver with a Cisco aironet 350 802.11 card on any
| version of BSD?
|
| I tried it with 4.2 and I am getting
|
| "record length mismatch -- expected 130, got 136"
|
| something about an inbound broadcast packet not quite correct...

Try to upgrade to /sys/dev/an to -stable and then apply the patches
at:
	http://www.ambrisko.com/doug/an.patch

Here's a note about the changes:
  There are attached.  I also fixed the annoying "you can do ancontrol until
  the an device is up" feature(?).  I also cleaned up the promiscuous patch.
  So the contribitors are:
        Allan Saddi <asaddi@philosophysw.com>   for the promiscuous patches
        Dave Cornejo <dave@dogwood.com>         for some header additions
        Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@ambrisko.com>   for the "up fix"

Then let me know how that goes.  I don't have those cards to try.

Doug A.