Date:      Sun, 12 Mar 2000 17:04:57 -0600
From:      "David J. Kanter" <djkanter@nwu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pppd worked this morning!?

I installed FreeBSD 3.4 yesterday, added myself to the network group, and
was able to use mutt, slrn, and netscape. But later on today, for some
reason, pppd stopped working.

The modem call goes through, and ifconfig ppp0 shows an ip address and
netmask value, but if I run fetchmail or netscape nothing happens. I'm
using Windows now, so I know it's not the ISP.

My connect script is the usual kernel ppp thing:

pppd /dev/cuaa4 115200 connect '<chatscript>' user username

And my disconnect script is killall -9 pppd. Could that be an issue?

Thanks for any help.

Dave