Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 1998 10:44:47 -0600
From:      Jahanur R Subedar <jahanur@jjsoft.com>
To:        Roman Katsnelson <rkatsnel@globix.com>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, dan@wolf.com
Subject:   Re: Running Samba

Yes I think its running. now.
I did not have the right permissions.
Now when I type this:
su-2.01# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/samba.sh
it gives this:
Now what do I do. Is it runnuing as a demon now. Do I need to reboot.
 Sambasu-2.01#

I also did what Dan Mahoney told me to do. That does not give me any error
either.
/usr/local/sbin/smbd -d.
Now the thing is that I have previous version of samba 1.9.8.8 but I did
not know that
was properly installed. So I went and installed the 1.9.8.10 version and.
So my question
is there two version installed and which command is going to be correct one
to run it as
demon.
Please help I am confused.

Jahanur