Date:      Sun, 9 Oct 2005 09:01:09 -0700
From:      David Kirchner <dpk@dpk.net>
To:        Deepak Naidu <deepak_nai@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Patching to FreeBSD 5.4-p7

On 10/9/05, Deepak Naidu <deepak_nai@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>      I want to know ow to upgarde or patch my FreeBSD 5.4 version to Free=
BSD 5.4-p7

> Cheers,
> Deepak Naidu.

The common response to this is that it's in the handbook. I'm trying
to find it there, though, and am having a lot of trouble. "upgrade"
and "patch" search terms don't find it. There is some mention of using
cvsup in "Cutting edge", but given the title I don't think that's what
is recommended for everyone.

I could just be missing the magic search keyword for this, though.
Maybe someone here has it?

In any case, I believe you can run cvsup, using the example file
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/standard-supfile , using the tag RELENG_5_4
. I'm not exactly sure what the official patch recommendation is
though.