Date:      Thu, 29 May 2014 11:56:15 +0300
From:      Vladimir Sharun <atz@ukr.net>
To:        Current FreeBSD <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re[2]: gpart destroy, zpool destroy, zfs destroy under securelevel 3

Hello,

> if you have root privileges you can just write some random bytes in some
> places and this will be enough to break your system. So, restricting
> some gpart's or zpool's actions depending from securelevel looks like
> protection from kids.

Having root under securelevel 3 confirmed disallows you to:
1) Direct write to the block devices such as (a)da
2) Change rules and/or shutdown pf
3) Remove system flags such as schg, sunlnk

I think your statement true in case of securelevel -1, we're talking about
the highest one - 3, which shown in logs.