Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 2001 16:52:52 -0600
From:      "Wonderful One" <hellaenergy@hellaweb.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   (-: Ports Question :-)

When you get a port from the ports site where are you supposed to untar it
from on your box? Are you supposed to untar it from root (/)? My ports
branch is /usr/ports the tar goes:
pub/FreeBSD/branches/-current/ports/........? Is there something I am
missing here? The method I use is to just copy the port into the
/usr/ports/whatever/myportis.

Stupid question but would love to know the answer, though.

Wonderful One