Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2013 11:01:54 -0700
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Michael BlackHeart <amdmiek@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: A few problems

Hi--

On Mar 16, 2013, at 2:08 AM, Michael BlackHeart wrote:
> Hello there. I've got a couple of things I don't get or can't handle.
>=20
> I'm running:
> FreeBSD diablo.miekoff.local 9.1-STABLE FreeBSD 9.1-STABLE #0 r248347:
> Sat Mar 16 03:20:58 MSK 2013
> root@diablo.miekoff.local:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DIABLO64  amd64
>=20
>=20
> 1st of all, on dmesg there's something strange. It says:
>=20
> real memory  =3D 6442450944 (6144 MB)
> avail memory =3D 4092743680 (3903 MB)
>=20
> So real memory is about 6Gb, but localy installed only 4Gb.
[ ... ]

You've got an Intel P45 northbridge controller which supports =
dual-channel mode, but that only works for DIMMs of the same size.  You =
might be able to get 6GB if you place the DIMMs in slots 1 and 2 instead =
of 1 & 3 or 2 & 4.  Otherwise, try getting another 4GB DIMM and using =
4GB + 4GB instead.

Regards,
--=20
-Chuck