Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:13:01 -0000
From:      "Grant Beckerleg" <grant@vbc.net>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DPT's Storage Manager and FreeBSD

Hello there,
                    Can anyone shed any light on the following
situation?

I am in the process of experimenting with RAID and have built a
machine using a DPT 3334UW RAID controller and running FreeBSD3.0.
This DPT product comes with software, for building and managing RAID
array configurations, called Storage Manager.

This software is not supplied with FreeBSD in mind and DPT's manual
suggests that a dos partition is used as the home of this software.

We do not want FreeBSD3.0 running on top of dos.

Has anyone had experience of this situation/software?

As I am very new to FreeBSD I would be very happy if someone could
point me in the right direction.

Rgds.

Grant Beckerleg         VBCnet GB Ltd       http://www.vbc.net
tel +44 117 929 1316     fax +44 117 927 2015