Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 1999 16:11:42 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@iaces.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org (Questions FreeBSD)
Subject:   telnet timeout

Is there a way to increase the timeout of telnet when waiting for keystrokes
right at first. Currently, it looks like it times out after 5 minutes. If I
remember correctly, this is still telnetd talking after the first username
is typed in, you're handed off to login. Is that right?

Can I increase the timeout (or have it now timeout at all) for either of these?

Paul.

--
"We know lots of things we didn't use to know, but we don't know any
 way to prevent 'em from happening"    --Will Rogers (1879-1935)