Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 1999 18:25:50 +0100 (CET)
From:      Blaz Zupan <blaz@gold.amis.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   wi driver

I'm trying to make the wi (WaveLan) driver work in -current. It appears
that some changes to the pccard code have broken it (or that I can't find
out how to configure it correctly, although I have done it under 3.3 with
success). I have this in my config file:

controller	card0
controller	pcic0	at isa? port 0x3e0 irq 10 iomem 0xd0000
device		wi0	at isa? port? irq?

...and this in /etc/pccard.conf:

io      0x240-0x360
irq     3 5 10 11 13 15
memory  0xd4000  96k

card "Lucent Technologies" "WaveLAN/IEEE"
        config  0x1 "wi0" 7
        insert  echo WaveLAN/IEEE inserted
        insert  /etc/pccard_ether wi0
        remove  echo WaveLAN/IEEE removed
        remove  /sbin/ifconfig wi0 delete

After bootup, the ISA-to-pccard bridge is found:

pcic0: <Vadem 469> at port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000 irq 10 on isa0
pccard0: <PC Card bus -- kludge version> on pcic0
pccard1: <PC Card bus -- kludge version> on pcic0

Just before going multiuser, pccardd seems to kick in and try to configure
the wi interface, but I get this on the console:

devclass_alloc_unit: wi0 already exists, using next available unit number

...and there is no wi0 interface (and no wi1, ...). Any idea? Running
-current as of two days ago. Tried with and without hardwiring the pcic0
to a specific IO address and IRQ, the result is the same.

Any idea?

Blaz Zupan, blaz@amis.net, http://home.amis.net/blaz/
Medinet d.o.o., Linhartova 21, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia