Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:18:16 +0200
From:      K.J.Koster@kpn.com
To:        dan_256@yahoo.com, znerd@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Jboss3ctl update (I think I know the problem)

Dear All,

> Conclusion:
>
> .java_wrapper (apparently sun's current solution) will not
> work when invoked by a suid program.
> So far, I have encountered two such programs: tomcat, and
> jboss (essentially the same design).

I can confirm that this problem is also present with Orion, both 1.5.4 and
1.6.0. Very annoying.

Ernst, perhaps you should revert to the daeminctl shell script instead of
the executable. The fact that the log paths are compiled into an executable
is a pain in the ass and in the end I still have to start and stop Orion as
root.

    Kees Jan