Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:44:23 -0600
From:      Shawn Barnhart <swb@grasslake.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Postfix with Cyrus SASL

Michal F. Hanula wrote:
> Your postfix is trying to use saslauthd, which usually listens on
> /var/run/saslauthd/mux. The right way to fix this depends on whether
> you want to use saslauthd and the place you store your e-mail user data.

I want authentication against /etc/passwd (ultimately), not using
sasldb2.db.

There is no /var/run/saslauthd/mux, and saslauthd doesn't appear
installed -- I'm getting the impression that selecting "Cyrus-SASL" in
the make config dialog box for the Postfix port doesn't completely
install cyrus-sasl components.

I'm guessing the solution is to completely install the cyrus-sasl2 port
to enable the use of saslauthd.  Yes?  Or am I way off?