Date:      Wed, 3 Aug 2005 14:22:14 -0700
From:      "Wil Hatfield - HyperConX" <wil@hyperconx.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Making the Leap to 5.4 and 64bit

First, greetings to the group and nice to meet everyone's acquaintance.

We are getting ready to make a big leap to Dual 64bit Xeon machines
(SuperMicro) and FreeBSD 5.4. We would really have like to stick with 4.11
but from what I am gathering it certainly doesn't support the 64bit
processors.

Now on to my questions:

Can anyone share any of their experiences that I may also encounter?
How can I make the most out of SMP and the dual 64bits?
Any undocumented or hard to find settings that I should know about?
Are there any commonly used applications that won't run on this system?

Thanks for your time,

Wil Hatfield
HyperConX