Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 11:12:38 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        romank@graphnet.com (Roman Katsnelson)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: terminal types

In a previous message, Roman Katsnelson said:
> Hi,
>
> When I telnet into some machines and attempt to do almost anything, I
> get this:
>
> 'cons25': unknown terminal type.
>
> How can I change my terminal type (I _think_ it should be vt100 or
> something along those lines.)?

If you want to run the vt100 emulation on the console then you
need to rebuild the kernel to support that instead of sc0.

If you want to be able to use the console as a telnet to other
machines, either add the cons25 entry to the remote machines or
set your term type to ansi at the remote machine, that's close.

--
Faster and faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
                                         --Hunter S. Thompson