Date:      Mon, 5 Nov 2001 21:47:19 +0000
From:      David Rufino <dr263@cam.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   hi

hi,

It appears there are a few bugs in do_authloop() of openssh in 4.4-STABLE
where it is assumed pw != NULL. If the username doesn't exist then
do_authentication() will call do_authloop() with a NULL pw as a parameter.
This has caused sshd to signal11 (due to NULL dereference) on my box, under
certain conditions. Apologies in advance if I'm missing something.
CC any replies, as I'm not subscribed.

Thanks,
David Rufino