Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 1999 16:14:23 +0100
From:      "Bond, Jeffery" <Jeff.Bond@nectech.co.uk>
To:        "'mislam@students.uiuc.edu'" <mislam@students.uiuc.edu>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Problem

Hi Sharif,

You probably haven't lost windows, just overwritten the master boot record.
Try booting the PC with a Dos/Windows boot floppy and then doing:

fdisk /mbr

to restore the master boot record. That should get windows back up and
running. You may need to 'cd /windows/command' first.

Now, to dual boot FreeBSD and windows, try installing the 'booteasy'
program. The installer is a DOS program, so it should be easy to set up. If
FreeBSD is on a second hard disk, you will need to install booteasy on both
hard disks.

Hope this helps,

Jeff