Date:      Sun, 22 Dec 2002 08:16:28 +1000 (EST)
From:      Steve Baxter <steve@pipenetworks.com>
To:        "matthew c. mead" <mmead@goof.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Linux and FreeBSD poor network performance

Check out the duplex setting on the ethernet ports. Use

'ifconfig' and 'netstat -I dev -w 1' on FreeBSD

and

'ifconfig', 'mii-tool' and 'cat /proc/net/dev' on Linux

Any sort of errors may lead to this sort of behaviour. You need to match
the hosts to the switch port they are connected to.

SB

--
Stephen Baxter
Director - PIPE Networks