Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2000 21:36:06 -0700
From:      carl <statik@cris.com>
To:        Your Master <your_master@techie.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sound Help

i added

device sbc0 at isa? port 0x220 irc 5 drq 1 flags 0x15
device pcm

using that kernel i did ./MAKEDEV snd0 in the /dev dir.
this is the more basic instalation directed towards an sb16, its good
enough for my awe64 (not gold)
also use 'mixer vol +100' and replace 100 with whatever, u can do the same
with bass and treble by replacing it with 'vol'
goodluck
-carl