Date:      Mon, 3 May 1999 20:13:36 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Lucky Green <shamrock@cypherpunks.to>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upgrading from 2.2.6 to 3.1 via ssh?

I need to upgrade a box from FreeBSD 2.2.6 to 3.1 over ssh. For all
practical purposes, the machine is inaccessible. (11 hours by airplane).

Which means the upgrade *must not* lock me out of the box. I read
/usr/src/UPGRADE on a 3.1 box, but am still confused. Is there a
step-by-step tutorial somewhere that describes how to safely perform an OS
upgrade when physical access is simply not an option?

TIA,
-- Lucky Green <shamrock@cypherpunks.to> PGP v5 encrypted email preferred.