Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2000 23:19:59 -0800
From:      Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adding a Ccope target to makefiles

As many of you are probably aware, Cscope is now available under a
BSD-style license.  For my own purposes, I would live to be able to
say "make cscope" in a Ports Collection directory and generate the
appropriate database file.  Unfortunately, I _think_ this would
require editing (with the always possible chance of errors) some 4K
Makefiles.  It would also add a (negligible) amount to the size of
the Ports collection tarball, etc.

Could some of you Ports Collection and/or Make experts tell me how
feasible this sort of change might be?  Better, could you tell me
how to achieve the same result, while leaving the Makefiles alone?

-r
Rich Morin:          rdm@cfcl.com, +1 650-873-7841, http://www.cfcl.com/rdm
Prime Time Freeware: info@ptf.com, +1 408-433-9662, http://www.ptf.com
MacPerl: http://www.macperl.com, http://www.ptf.com/ptf/products/MPPE