Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 11:47:55 -0800
From:      Jeremy Lea <reg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        jmz@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Building XFree86-4 with Freetype2.

Hi,

All that is needed to build XFree86 4.0.2 with Freetype 2 seems to be to
add the line:

#define	Freetype2Dir	/usr/local

to x86site.def, from the port's configure script, and add a LIB_DEPENDS
to freetype.6.  (Obviously the /usr/local above should be ${LOCALBASE}).

Also, XFree86 4.0.2 builds and installs and seems to run fine on
3.5-STABLE.  The only things that don't get built are the DRI related
components, and stuff related to the i810 server.  If we want to move
the ports tree to XFree86 4 soon, we need to to build on 3.x-STABLE
since we are still supporting that branch.

Regards,
 -Jeremy

--
FreeBSD - Because the best things in life are free...
                                           http://www.freebsd.org/