Date:      Sun, 31 May 1998 21:31:52 +0100
From:      Dom Mitchell <dom@myrddin.demon.co.uk>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail 8.9

On 28 May 1998, Peter Wemm proclaimed:
> Dom Mitchell wrote:
> > Wouldn't it be easier to just stick with 8.8.8 until the licensing
> > issues of this latest sendmail can be clarified?
>
> Yes, that's pretty much what is happening by default.  I have asked the
> sendmail people twice now about this and still have got no response.  I
> might try sending by fax next.  I find it quite ironic that people setting
> up to sell sendmail don't have a handle on email.

*sigh*  Sadly very often true.

> > P.S.  You left out MMDF.  :-)
>
> MMDF can go away and die.  I've wasted too much of my life fighting MMDF
> (and often loosing)..

I wholeheartedly agree after a year of working as mailman at Demon
Internet.  There are too many fools still out there on the Internet who
think that it's actually a useful mailer.  Mind you, it did have
anti-relaying first.  :-)
--
cathetometric Cepolidae antigenicity burry beadlehood anthozooid
amphiprotic amarevole aseptify aquacultural addleheadedness