Date:      Mon, 19 Sep 2011 14:54:57 -0400
From:      Rotate 13 <rabgvzr@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   [solved/not problem] Re: ZFS: deferring automounts/mounting root without bootfs [9.0-BETA2]

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 12:15:10 -0400, Rotate 13 <rabgvzr@gmail.com> wrote:

> back my original question.  Difficult to diagnose when system won't
> write logs to /var - could be very simple misconfiguration, could be
> bug.  Manuals don't say a lot about mount order on boot, and that

Solved.  Was minor error in many lines of configuration typed by hand
into box with no other access.

For archives and searchers, formula outlined in my original post
*does* work on 9.0-BETA2 for root ZFS without option bootfs (boot from
external UFS).

Apology for wasted time, thanks to Andriy Gapon for trying to help...
And thanks to ZFS porters/coders for file system!