Date:      Fri, 29 Jan 2010 16:53:39 -0600
From:      Programmer In Training <pit@joseph-a-nagy-jr.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xorg Not Finding AGP Card

--------------enig4849EDB91BD477D6D1C6A873

On 1/29/2010 4:30 PM, Charlie Kester wrote:
<snip>
> I'm not sure why Xorg isn't seeing your video card. Do you see a device=

> named "agpgart" in /dev?   If not, it probably means the agp module
> couldn't identify your card when you last booted the machine.  What's
> the make and model of your card, and what version of FreeBSD are you
> running?

ATI Radeon 9200 (might be just a 9K, I forget exactly),
FreeBSD-8.0RELEASE. What would have changed between first install and
this one?

Yes, agpgart is there.

> You're not supposed to start hald or dbus from the commandline like
> that.  Instead add the following lines to your /etc/rc.conf file:
>=20
>     hald_enable=3D"YES"
>     dbus_enable=3D"YES"

Already there, just seems like last time I was able to start dbus from
the cli.

> Then run the following commands from the command line:
>=20
>     /usr/local/etc/rc.d/hald start
>     /usr/local/etc/rc.d/dbus start

which is probably how I did it before. Heh.

I've already rebooted since adding the hald and dbus lines to rc.conf

--=20
Yours In Christ,

PIT