Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 1996 22:04:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      SINELNIKOV@sbmp04.ess.sunysb.edu
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cont'd!!! Boot hangs

Hello list,

Thank you for your help, though freebsd still hangs at the boot prompt.
However I noted some warrnings it issues during the instalation. If anyone
can tell me what they mean I will be very gratefull:

DEBUG: Scanning disk wd0 for swap partition
Warrning: calculated sectors per cylinder (4096) disagree with disk label
(840)
/dev/rwd0a: 65536 sec in 16 cyl of 1 track, 4096 sec
32.0Mb in 1 cyl groups (16c/g, 32Mb/g, 3840 i/g)
Superblock backups (...) at 32
/mnt/dev/rwd0s2f: 581936 sec in 148 cyl of 1, 3932
/mnt/dev/rwd0s2e ...

Is that related to disk geometry? I use the autodetect hard drive from BIOS.
I have also never seen the dos partition properly alligned (no '=' sign)...
What is the other way to get right disk geometry? I noted also that is CMOS the
size of the disk is 405Mb as chkdsk report 424Mb?

Yegor Sinelnikov