Date:      Mon, 08 Jan 2001 16:36:05 -0500
From:      "Robin P. Blanchard" <Robin_Blanchard@gactr.uga.edu>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.2-stable buildworld over nfs problem

ok...
buildworld builds just fine when /usr/src is on the local
disk. however, if i move that same src over to my NFS server
(in this case, an Origin 2000 with IRIX 6.5.4).
i have the following entry in my /etc/fstab
fs2.servers.nat:/export/maint/freebsd/4.2-STABLE/src /usr/src nfs
rw,nfsv3 2 2

with that, buildworld consistently fails (on all my machines) during
/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/groff

what could be going on here?

(this is using the latest cvs)

--