Date:      Wed, 2 May 2001 09:18:15 -0500
From:      Lucas Bergman <lucas@slb.to>
To:        Peter Brezny <peter@sysadmin-inc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: daily login accounting.

> How can I configure a 4.2-stable (about a month ago) system to send
> daily login accounting reports to a particular user?

periodic already does that once a month.  So, just look at the script

  /etc/periodic/monthly/200.accounting

and make one like it in /etc/periodic/daily.  Depending on what kind
of results you want, you may want to configure newsyslog to rotate
/var/log/wtmp more often.  (By default it's rotated on the first of
the month at 0500 local time.)  You could also set up a custom script
that gets run by cron.  Of course, you should read ac(8),
newsyslog(8), and periodic(8) in any case.

Lucas