Date:      Tue, 3 Feb 1998 21:30:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@hwcn.org>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Please review and test: new bsd.port.mk [OLD OLD OLD!]

On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Satoshi Asami wrote:

> Well, I for one would be mighty upset if I type "make distclean" in
> /usr/ports/net/tclplugin and lose the netscape tarball.... ;)

That sounds like a good reason.  :)

>  * 			       As it is, I think it's somewhat
>  * confusing that distclean uses "chained dependency cleaning", but
>  * is not itself chained.
>
> Good point.  I always thought "distclean" calling "clean" is sort of
> unclean.  (Pardon the pun.)  Can we perhaps disassociate distclean and
> clean?

That might be good.  I can see the purpose of a recursive
"distclean", too.  The two ("distclean" and "clean") could be
disassociated, and a variable could be added,
"DODISTCLEANDEPENDS" (ugh! better name, please!).  OTOH, is there
enough demand for dependency-recurse distcleaning?

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk