Date:      Wed, 24 Jun 1998 14:16:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@zwb.net>
To:        yurtesen@ispro.net.tr (Evren Yurtesen)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: - pop3 -

> hello,
> here I have a serious problem!!!
> I have moved all users' mail boxes to their home directories
> like $HOME/mail
> now I am not able to find a pop3 daemon which may read them
> from there!
> how may I find a pop3 which does this? or how may I modify
> an existing pop3 daemon?

You will have to modify `popper'.  You can get the source at
http://www.eudora.com/ somewhere in teh freeware section.  This isn't
hard.  THere is a define called `USERHOMEDIR' or something like that.
Once you've defined it, it will look in $HOME/.mail.  If the path
differes, you will have to modify the filename in `pop_dropcopy.c' or
something like that.  It's been awhile since I've done this :)

> please help!
>
> thank you

> | Name  : Evren Yurtesen - yurtesen@ispro.net.tr         |
> | S-mail: Mithatpasa Cad. No:1079/13 35290  Guzelyali    |
> | Home:+90-232-2857604 Work:+90-232-2463992 Izmir/TURKEY |

Dima Dorfman (dima@zwb.net) - http://www.zwb.net/

"640k ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
FreeBSD Rules!  Micro$oft Sucks!  http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/